Improving the quality of life for people with frailty
The South West Academic Health Science Network is working in partnership with NHS England to deliver a regionally-led whole system frailty event. The event will support a problem-solving approach to improving the health and well-being of older people living with frailty in line with the challenges of an ageing population. The event will address frailty by building connectivity to local teams and start developing networks to support Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) frailty leads in improving the quality of life for people with frailty.
We are gathering expressions of interest for this event from anyone working in this area or with an interest in frailty, from across the South West (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Gloucestershire).
If you would like to take part, please register your interest by Friday 16 March 2018.
This practical day will bring together key national and regional stakeholders who want to improve services for people with frailty – including STP Leads, commissioners, clinicians from all relevant disciplines, primary, secondary and community care, across STP footprints to understand what’s working well, what’s not and to explore data sources and national tools to help us gain insight to make much-needed improvements.
The aims of the event are:
- Focus national strategic plans for older people living with or at risk of developing frailty onto the STPs in your regional footprints.
- Align strategic planning and prioritisation focused on healthy ageing through to acute frailty management, long-term and end of life care for older people across the region.
- Share good practice more assertively and capitalise on what is working well in their region, where and why.
- Identify regional variation and where key elements of frailty care are either missing or could be assisted to develop.
- Explore workforce issues, for example, the role of extensivism in primary care.
- Understand how we can best connect the national programme and STPs around frailty and older people going forward.
The challenge through the event and post-event activity is to facilitate regional networks to support STPs to identify their priorities deliver their commitments around frailty and older people and help deliver key priorities identified in the Next Steps: Five Year Forward View.
To join the conversation on Twitter, use the hashtag #NHSAgeingWell
To register your interest in this event, please click here