This free conference will provide school leaders, governors and teachers, particularly those responsible for PSHE, RSE, safeguarding, mental health and promoting health and wellbeing, with up to date information about new government policy including the Mental Health Green Paper and statutory Relationship and Sex Education.
It will also provide up to date information on the impact of significant health trends on children and the relationship with academic attainment as well as providing the opportunity to learn about the most high impact approaches and how other schools are approaching these issues. It will also be of interest to other professionals working with schools including in public health, academia,
the NHS and independent and third sectors and provide an opportunity to network and share learning across education and health sectors.
The event will enable education and health professionals to get the latest information on:
- The Government’s Green Paper on child and adolescent mental health and its impact on schools
- Implementation of Statutory Relationship and Sex Education and sharing of learning and best approaches
- The Ofsted thematic review of obesity
- The impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on children’s social and health outcomes and what action schools can take to mitigate them
- The impact of substance misuse and smoking on young people’s health
- Best practice and the most high impact interventions that schools can put in place, including learning from other schools
To reserve your place, please email Michelle Youd at PHE South West